Tuesday, April 5, 2016

BREAKING NEWS: Duterte Receives New Letter, Advice from Pope Francis

Davao, Philippines – Presidential candidate and Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte received another letter from Pope Francis days after he received his “forgiveness letter” from the Vatican.

Papal Nuncio to the Philippines Archbishop Giuseppe Pinto personally delivered the letter to Duterte’s office in Davao City.

In the letter Pope Francis says:
This is my response to your letter asking for forgiveness. I appreciate your gesture and I assure you that you have my forgiveness and my prayers.

I do hope that your humble gesture be the start of your conversion. I advise that you also seek forgiveness from the Filipino people for swearing on national TV and even showing the “dirty finger”, which was viewed by children in your country. I also fervently hope that you learn mercy and give forgiveness even to people whom you believe are criminals.

“Masaya ako at napatawad na ako ni Pope sa pagmumura ko sa kanya,” Duterte said, “iimbitahan ko uli siya dito sa Pilipinas kapag presidente na ako kahit magka-leche-leche pa ang trapik sa Metro Manila.”

Duterte also said that he will think about the advice given by the Pope on forgiving criminals. Duterte is known to be tough on criminals and was also linked to Davao Death Squad.
.

1 comment: